WOMEN'S ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS 2017
WOMEN'S ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS STEERING COMMITTEE
BidPal Liason Chair
Marketing & Website Chair
Silent Auction Chair
VIP Reception Chair
On behalf of the Women's Executive Council, we would like to sincerely thank the Orlando community for supporting the 45th Annual Women's Achievement Awards.
A special note of gratitude to the WAA Steering Committee for their countless hours of work and dedication to our vision of Empowering and Embracing Women to Serve Central Florida.
Applause and sincere gratitude to John Forsythe and Leslie Gayle, Morning co-hosts, Magic 107.7 for keeping the evening light and informative as they shared inspirational backgrounds of our scholarship recipients and honorees. Thank you to the one and only, Jorge Esteves, news anchor, WFTV Channel 9 / WRDQ TV 27 for your levity and humor to help us reach our financial scholarship goal for next year!
Our sincere thanks to each of our executive and corporate partners, sponsors, and guests. Together we are changing lives one scholarship at a time! #wecwaa2017
45th Annual Women's Achievement Awards Program
Check Out Our FaceBook Photo Album!
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS!
2017 Scholarship Recipients
CENTRAL FLORIDA WOMAN OF THE YEAR
Congratulations to Joie Cadle, Orange County School Board Member (R), pictured with Bobbi Govanus, WEC 2016 & 2017 Term President.
Congratulations to these outstanding honorees!
First Row (L) to (R): Bobbi Govanus, WEC President, Secily Wilson, Eryka Washington, Joie Cadle, Marni Stahlman, Karla Radka.
Second Row: Laura Lynn, WAA Nominations Chair, Jill Bolander Cohen, Jennifer Quigley, Kathy Panter, Shelly Lauten, Misty Johantgen.
Not Pictured: Jennifer Foster & Dean Pamela Carroll.
HONOREES & NOMINEES
- Linda Akin Weinberg | Life Coach
- Rosana Almeida | Florida Connexion
- Giovanna Barrios | FCS Facility Services
- Denise Beamer | Office of the Attorney General
- Regina Bereswill | Helpful Hands, Inc
- Nesterine Blair | Blair Realty Group
- HUMANITARIAN HONOREE: Jill Bolander Cohen | The Lifeboat Project
- Maureen Brockman | Community Based Care of Central Florida
- CENTRAL FLORIDA WOMAN OF THE YEAR: Joie Cadle | Orange County School Board
- Janet Caramello | Down Syndrome Association of Central Florida
- EDUCATION HONOREE: Dean Pamela "Sissi" Carroll | University of Central Florida
- Heather Case | One Purse
- Dionne (Dee) Coleman | Samaritan Village, Inc
- VISIONARY HONOREE: Jennifer Foster | Foster Productions/One Orlando Alliance
- Camille Gardiner | Down Syndrome Association
- Hollie Gondera | Haus Real Estate
- Francelis Gonzalez | Kidsville Pediatrics
- Tamika Grubbs | Cystic Fibrosis Continuity of Care
- Sami Haiman-Marrero | Urbander
- HOSPITALITY & TOURISM HONOREE: Misty Johantgen | Experience Kissimmee
- Rashida Jourdain | The Jourdain Group, LLC
- Keita Joy | Keita Joy, LLC/KJ Empower Enrich Encourage
- Sheryl Kurland | Find Your Fabulosity, Inc
- Janie Lacy | Life Counseling Solutions
- NON-PROFIT HONOREE: Shelley Lauten | The Central Florida Commission on Homelessness
- Susan Lundine | Orlando Business Journal
- Cherlette McCollough | Life Counseling Solutions
- Carolyn Moor | Modern Widows Club
- Audrey Morrone | Morrone Interiors
- LEADERSHIP HONOREE: Kathy Panter | Junior Achievement of Central Florida
- Deborah Pedraza | Foundation for Orange County Public Schools
- Lesline Powe-Barton | Hair In Motion of New York Salon & Apprentice School
- ARTS & CULTURE HONOREE: Jennifer Quigley | WBQ Engineering
- COMMUNITY IMPACT HONOREE: Karla Radka | Goodwill Industries of Central Florida
- Elizabeth Scovil | Elizabeth Scovil Handbags & Accessories
- Tracy Sher | Sher Pelvic Health & Healing
- HEALTH & WELLNESS HONOREE: Marni Stahlman | Shepherd's Hope
- COMMUNICATION HONOREE: Eryka Washington | Ninth Judicial Circuit Office of the State Attorney's Office
- Carol Wick | Convergent Non Profit Solutions
- ENTREPRENEUR HONOREE: Secily Wilson | The WOW Legacy Group, LLC
- Diane Womack | RGL Forensics
THANK YOU TO OUR GENEROUS PARTNERS
1972 SOCIETY SPONSOR
TOGETHER WE ARE CHANGING LIVES, ONE SCHOLARSHIP AT A TIME!