September 11, 2019
Chief of Staff
Mayor Jerry L. Demings
Orange County, Florida
Roseann Harrington is Chief of Staff to Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings who took office December 4, 2018. With a $4.5 billion annual budget, Orange County has 1.4 million residents living in 13 cities, covering 1,000 square miles.
Harrington is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Mayor’s Office as well as overseeing Legislative Affairs, the Office of Economic Trade and Tourism, the Office of Innovation and Emerging Technology, and Communications. A key component of Harrington’s job is developing policy and executing initiatives to address community issues such as affordable housing, transportation, homelessness, growth management, water, public safety, and health and human services.
Prior to joining Mayor Demings’ office, Harrington was Vice President of Marketing, Communications and Community Relations at the Orlando Utilities Commission (OUC-The Reliable One) where she worked for over 30 years.
While at OUC, Harrington led the development of the utility’s brand – “The Reliable One.” She was known as an “intrapreneur,” creating new “start-up” departments within OUC including community relations, e-commerce and economic development. She also launched innovative sustainability, energy and water products and services.
i4 Business Magazine named Harrington one of the 2015 Entrepreneurs of the Year for her work powering economic growth and innovation in Central Florida. In 2014, the Girl Scouts of Citrus Council honored her strength of character with its Annual Women of Distinction Lifetime Achievement Award – one of Central Florida’s most prestigious honors for women, which celebrates excellence, ingenuity and the ability to overcome barriers.
She is the author of The Businesswoman’s Handbook – Practical Tips for Moving Up the Corporate Ladder, and a frequent guest lecturer on branding, crisis communication and how women can be successful in the workplace.
Harrington earned a Bachelor of Arts from Loyola University New Orleans and a Master of Business Administration from Rollins College. She currently serves on the board of directors of Visit Orlando, the Orlando Shakes and the Rollins College Crummer Graduate School of Business Board of Overseers.
She has two daughters Kristen, who is an engineer and Allie who just graduated college and is looking forward to teaching English in Seoul, Korea.
SAVE THE DATE 2019
- October 9: pending
- November 13: WEC Elections and Business
SPEAKERS IN 2019
- Heatherann Antonacci | 2018 Women's Achievement Awards Education Honoree, former President, Herzing University
- Cornita A. Riley | Retired, Chief Orange County Corrections, 2016 Women's Achievement Awards Central Florida Woman of the Year
- Kirsten B. Carter, MD | Internal Medicine Physician, Grace Medical Home
- Secily Wilson, | WOW Legacy; Shanta Barton Stubbs, PhD, MA, LMHC | New Image Youth Center; Deanna Snyder, RN | Be Well Essentials
- Karen Willis | Chief Executive Officer, Early Learning Coalition of Orange County
- Deborah Barra | Chief Assistant State Attorney, Ninth Judicial Circuit Office of the State Attorney's Office
- Kelly Lafferman | Chief Marketing Officer & Principal, Findsome & Winmore
- Bernadette Spong | Chief Financial Officer, Orlando Health
- Roseann Harrington, Chief of Staff | Orange County Government
SPEAKERS IN 2018
- Eryka Washington | Ninth Judicial Circuit Office of the State Attorney's Office
- Secily Wilson | The WOW Legacy Group, LLC
- Sharon Spano, PhD | Business Strategist, Author & Professional Integral Coach
- Robin Maynard-Harris | Founder, Libby's Legacy Breast Cancer Foundation
- Jill Bolander Cohen | Founder, The Lifeboat Project
- Jennifer Foster | Owner & Executive Producer, Foster Productions & Co-Founder, One Orlando Alliance
- Karla Radka | Chief Operating Officer, Goodwill Industries of Central Florida
- Pamela (Sissi) Carroll, EdD | Dean, UCF College of Education and Human Performance
- Peg Cornwell | Associate to the President for College & Community Relations & Micki Meyer | Lord Family Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs & Community, Rollins College
Aida Lublin | Owner, Brightway Insurance, The Lublin Agency
SPEAKERS IN 2017
- Cyndia Morales Muñiz, EdD, Assistant Director of Multicultural Academic & Support Services | University of Central Florida
- Kari Conley, Director, Community Relations | Orlando Health
- Diane O'Dell, President of Community & Diversity Relations & Executive Director of the Foundation | Universal Orlando
- Maryann Barry, CEO | Girl Scouts of Citrus
- Lieutenant General Mark Hertling, Retired Army, Senior Vice President, Global Partnering, Leadership Development & Health Performance Strategies | Florida Hospital
- Michelle Brady Palmer, Manager, Community Engagement | SeaWorld Parks & Resorts Orlando
- Barbara Jenkins, EdD, Superintendent | Orange County Public Schools
- Joie Cadle, Elected Board Member, Orange County Public Schools, 2017 WEC Woman of the Year