The Women's Executive Council is aligning with the social distancing request and is suspending all in-person events until further notice. We look forward to gathering together soon. In the meantime, do things that safely bring you joy. For up to date information on Covid19, log on to the CDC website.
July 8, 2020
Legacy & Leadership
Join us via ZOOM!
Everyone is invited to attend and is FREE to the general public.
The program will begin at 12-noon.
Let’s mix it up this summer!
Calling all WEC members and friends to our Mid-year Business Meeting. We would like to use our July 2020 virtual luncheon session to come together in a working business session format to share important announcements and focus us on the year ahead. Your 2020 Executive Board will provide a mid-year update, including the state of our financials, and scholarship awards. We will discuss plans to continue serving our mission “to recognize and inspire students in our community”.
The July meeting will also feature the following breakout sessions, where we would value your contribution and feedback: WAA 2020 (Women’s Achievement Awards), Mentorship, and Membership.
Mark your calendars for this interactive opportunity to join your WEC sisters in this ZOOM chat.
Women's Executive Council Sisters
As the world has been impacted by COVID-19 and our normal monthly luncheons have been replaced with online meetings, the need in our community for scholarships still remains strong. Central to the core mission of the Women's Executive Council, we believe in education and every year since 1987 we have provided scholarships to women in our community. This year is no exception. Now more than ever, WEC is committed to continuing to help those in need.
One way that we can do that is to donate the amount of money you would normally spend on our luncheons directly to our scholarship fund. Please do this by clicking the DONATE NOW button. Thank you.
SAVE THE DATE 2020
- July 8
- August 12
- September 9
- October 14
- November 11: WEC Elections and Business
- December (Holiday Party)
SPEAKERS IN 2020
- Amanda Douglas, Chief Executive Officer | Celebration Title Group
- Stacy Nadeau, Speaker Consultant, Coach | Women Empowerment Ambassador
- Frances Rios, Chief Executive Officer | Women Who Lead, LLC
- Peggy Hoyt, Attorney, Author, Speaker | The Law Offices of Hoyt & Bryant, LLC
- Mayor Buddy Dyer | City of Orlando
SPEAKERS IN 2019
- Heatherann Antonacci | 2018 Women's Achievement Awards Education Honoree, former President, Herzing University
- Cornita A. Riley | Retired, Chief Orange County Corrections, 2016 Women's Achievement Awards Central Florida Woman of the Year
- Kirsten B. Carter, MD | Internal Medicine Physician, Grace Medical Home
- Secily Wilson, | WOW Legacy; Shanta Barton Stubbs, PhD, MA, LMHC | New Image Youth Center; Deanna Snyder, RN | Be Well Essentials
- Karen Willis | Chief Executive Officer, Early Learning Coalition of Orange County
- Deborah Barra | Chief Assistant State Attorney, Ninth Judicial Circuit Office of the State Attorney's Office
- Kelly Lafferman | Chief Marketing Officer & Principal, Findsome & Winmore
- Bernadette Spong | Chief Financial Officer, Orlando Health
- Roseann Harrington, Chief of Staff | Orange County Government
SPEAKERS IN 2018
- Eryka Washington | Ninth Judicial Circuit Office of the State Attorney's Office
- Secily Wilson | The WOW Legacy Group, LLC
- Sharon Spano, PhD | Business Strategist, Author & Professional Integral Coach
- Robin Maynard-Harris | Founder, Libby's Legacy Breast Cancer Foundation
- Jill Bolander Cohen | Founder, The Lifeboat Project
- Jennifer Foster | Owner & Executive Producer, Foster Productions & Co-Founder, One Orlando Alliance
- Karla Radka | Chief Operating Officer, Goodwill Industries of Central Florida
- Pamela (Sissi) Carroll, EdD | Dean, UCF College of Education and Human Performance
- Peg Cornwell | Associate to the President for College & Community Relations & Micki Meyer | Lord Family Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs & Community, Rollins College
Aida Lublin | Owner, Brightway Insurance, The Lublin Agency
SPEAKERS IN 2017
- Cyndia Morales Muñiz, EdD, Assistant Director of Multicultural Academic & Support Services | University of Central Florida
- Kari Conley, Director, Community Relations | Orlando Health
- Diane O'Dell, President of Community & Diversity Relations & Executive Director of the Foundation | Universal Orlando
- Maryann Barry, CEO | Girl Scouts of Citrus
- Lieutenant General Mark Hertling, Retired Army, Senior Vice President, Global Partnering, Leadership Development & Health Performance Strategies | Florida Hospital
- Michelle Brady Palmer, Manager, Community Engagement | SeaWorld Parks & Resorts Orlando
- Barbara Jenkins, EdD, Superintendent | Orange County Public Schools
- Joie Cadle, Elected Board Member, Orange County Public Schools, 2017 WEC Woman of the Year