April 8, 2020
The Law Offices
of Hoyt & Bryant, LLC
Attorney | Author | Speaker
2019 Women's Achievement Awards
The Women's Executive Council is aligning with the social distancing request and is suspending all in-person events until further notice.
We look forward to gathering together soon. In the meantime, do things that safely bring you joy.
For up to date information on Covid19, log on to the CDC website.
Join us via ZOOM! Everyone is invited to attend and is FREE to the general public.
Webinar access will open at 11:30 am. The program will begin at 12-noon.
Use this link to register: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_xc-qBCW_RWCnsxibQaAB1w
Peggy Hoyt, Attorney and Founding Partner; The Law Offices of Hoyt & Bryan, LLC. is going to share with us Ten Tips to Stay Financially Healthy When Life Comes at You Quickly! These tips are practical, timely, and extremely important.
Peggy is a Stetson University graduate receiving her B.B.A., cum laude, in 1981, her M.B.A. in 1982 and her J.D., cum laude, in 1993. Her work experience includes time as a college recruiter, financial consultant, account executive and chief financial officer before entering law school. She is a founding partner of Hoyt & Bryan, LLC. Peggy is dual certified by the Florida Bar in Wills, Trusts, and Estates and in Elder Law.
Peggy practices in the areas of family wealth and legacy counseling, including trust and estate planning and administration, elder law, small business creation, succession and exit planning, real estate transactions and animal law. In addition to her law degree, she holds a Florida real estate license. Peggy formerly held a NASD Series 7 license and health, life and variable annuities licenses. She serves as a certified FINRA Arbitrator and is also a Florida Circuit Court Mediator concentrating in family business, estate administration, and animal law issues. Peggy was an adjunct professor of Animal Law with Barry University College of Law.
Peggy is the author of All My Children Wear Fur Coats – How to Leave a Legacy to Your Pet, an informative and inspirational guide for pet owners who want to include their pets as part of their estate plans. She is a co-author of the following books with Candace M. Pollock: Special People, Special Planning – Creating a Safe Legal Haven for Families with Special Needs designed to educate families about the planning options and protections for their special needs family members; Loving Without a License – An Estate Planning Survival Guide for Unmarried Couples and Same-Sex Partners, created to address the unique planning needs of unmarried individuals in today’s society; A Matter of Trust – The Importance of Personal Instructions stressing the importance of supplementing legal estate planning with personal instructions; Women in Transition – Navigating the Legal and Financial Challenges in Your Life created for all women as they learn, live and grow throughout their lives. Peggy is co-author with Scott Farnsworth of Like a Library Burning – Sharing and Saving a Lifetime of Stories, which addresses protecting and passing on a lifetime of stories. Peggy is co-author with Deborah Roser of Thank Everybody for Everything! Grow your Life and Your Business with Gratitude, and the companion five-year gratitude journal, Gratitude Expressions, Straight Talk! About Estate Planning and Straight Talk! What to Do When Someone Dies. Her most recent books are What’s the Deal With...Estate Planning and What’s the Deal With...Estate Administration. Her newest book with Rudi Hoffman addresses the estate planning concerns of cryonicists.
Peggy speaks at the local, regional and national levels on estate planning and elder law topics including pet planning, special needs planning and planning for unmarried couples and same-sex partners. Peggy has been featured on CNN Financial News, the Wall Street Journal and the Orlando Sentinel for her dedication to pet planning. She is also highly regarded for her workshops on gratitude marketing, life balance, and law office management.
SAVE THE DATE 2020
- May 13
- June 10
- July 8
- August 12
- September 9
- October 14
- November 11: WEC Elections and Business
- December (Holiday Party)
SPEAKERS IN 2020
- Amanda Douglas, Chief Executive Officer | Celebration Title Group
- Stacy Nadeau, Speaker Consultant, Coach | Women Empowerment Ambassador
- Frances Rios, Chief Executive Officer | Women Who Lead, LLC
SPEAKERS IN 2019
- Heatherann Antonacci | 2018 Women's Achievement Awards Education Honoree, former President, Herzing University
- Cornita A. Riley | Retired, Chief Orange County Corrections, 2016 Women's Achievement Awards Central Florida Woman of the Year
- Kirsten B. Carter, MD | Internal Medicine Physician, Grace Medical Home
- Secily Wilson, | WOW Legacy; Shanta Barton Stubbs, PhD, MA, LMHC | New Image Youth Center; Deanna Snyder, RN | Be Well Essentials
- Karen Willis | Chief Executive Officer, Early Learning Coalition of Orange County
- Deborah Barra | Chief Assistant State Attorney, Ninth Judicial Circuit Office of the State Attorney's Office
- Kelly Lafferman | Chief Marketing Officer & Principal, Findsome & Winmore
- Bernadette Spong | Chief Financial Officer, Orlando Health
- Roseann Harrington, Chief of Staff | Orange County Government
SPEAKERS IN 2018
- Eryka Washington | Ninth Judicial Circuit Office of the State Attorney's Office
- Secily Wilson | The WOW Legacy Group, LLC
- Sharon Spano, PhD | Business Strategist, Author & Professional Integral Coach
- Robin Maynard-Harris | Founder, Libby's Legacy Breast Cancer Foundation
- Jill Bolander Cohen | Founder, The Lifeboat Project
- Jennifer Foster | Owner & Executive Producer, Foster Productions & Co-Founder, One Orlando Alliance
- Karla Radka | Chief Operating Officer, Goodwill Industries of Central Florida
- Pamela (Sissi) Carroll, EdD | Dean, UCF College of Education and Human Performance
- Peg Cornwell | Associate to the President for College & Community Relations & Micki Meyer | Lord Family Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs & Community, Rollins College
Aida Lublin | Owner, Brightway Insurance, The Lublin Agency
SPEAKERS IN 2017
- Cyndia Morales Muñiz, EdD, Assistant Director of Multicultural Academic & Support Services | University of Central Florida
- Kari Conley, Director, Community Relations | Orlando Health
- Diane O'Dell, President of Community & Diversity Relations & Executive Director of the Foundation | Universal Orlando
- Maryann Barry, CEO | Girl Scouts of Citrus
- Lieutenant General Mark Hertling, Retired Army, Senior Vice President, Global Partnering, Leadership Development & Health Performance Strategies | Florida Hospital
- Michelle Brady Palmer, Manager, Community Engagement | SeaWorld Parks & Resorts Orlando
- Barbara Jenkins, EdD, Superintendent | Orange County Public Schools
- Joie Cadle, Elected Board Member, Orange County Public Schools, 2017 WEC Woman of the Year