The Women's Executive Council is aligning with the social distancing request and is suspending all in-person events until further notice. We look forward to gathering together soon. In the meantime, do things that safely bring you joy. For up to date information on Covid19, log on to the CDC website.
November 11, 2020
Annual Business Meeting | Executive Board Elections
Romie Mushtaq, MD, ABIHM
Chief Wellness Officer | Evolution Hospitality
brainSHIFT: Mindful Leaders Rise Above the Panic
Join us via ZOOM!
Everyone is invited to attend and is FREE to the general public.
The program will begin at 11:30 am.
Dr. Romie Mushtaq, MD has nearly 20 years of authority in neurology, integrative medicine, and mindfulness, and is a leading physician on a mission to transform the brain health of companies, leaders, and organizations.
After undergoing life-saving surgery herself, Dr. Romie traveled around the world learning mindfulness-based techniques. She now speaks and consults with Fortune 500 companies, professional athletes, and global associations. Her unique expertise is routinely featured in national media such as Forbes, NBC, Fox Business, NPR, TED talks, and dozens of other national media outlets. She is one of the first physicians appointed Chief Wellness Officers for a corporation, Evolution Hospitality, steering the mindfulness and wellness initiatives of over 6000 employees & hosts their podcast Wellness Evolved. She is currently working on her first book, "The Busy Brain Cure." When Dr. Romie hits the pause button in her life, she meditates, spends time traveling, & believes dark chocolate is her medicine.
Mark your calendars for this amazing luncheon!
Women's Executive Council Sisters
As the world has been impacted by COVID-19 and our normal monthly luncheons have been replaced with online meetings, the need in our community for scholarships still remains strong. Central to the core mission of the Women's Executive Council, we believe in education and every year since 1987 we have provided scholarships to women in our community. This year is no exception. Now more than ever, WEC is committed to continuing to help those in need.
One way that we can do that is to donate the amount of money you would normally spend on our luncheons directly to our scholarship fund. Please do this by clicking the DONATE NOW button. Thank you.
SAVE THE DATE 2021
- January 13
- February 10
- March 10
- April 14
- May 12
- June 9
- July 14
- August 11
- September 8
- October 13
- November 10
- December Holiday Party
SPEAKERS IN 2020
- Amanda Douglas, Chief Executive Officer | Celebration Title Group
- Stacy Nadeau, Speaker Consultant, Coach | Women Empowerment Ambassador
- Frances Rios, Chief Executive Officer | Women Who Lead, LLC
- Peggy Hoyt, Attorney, Author, Speaker | The Law Offices of Hoyt & Bryant, LLC
- Mayor Buddy Dyer | City of Orlando
- Mary Pigatti | Chief Executive Officer | eMindful
- WEC Panel Discussion
- Catherine A Ni, Director, Advanced Rotary Wing & Ground Systems | Lockheed Martin - Missiles & Fire Control
- Pamela Landwirth, Chief Financial Officer | Give Kids the World
- LaVon Bracy, EdD, Advocate for Social Justice & CoFounder | New Covenant Baptist Church of Orlando
- Romie Mushtaq, MD, ABIHM, Chief Wellness Officer | Evolution Hospitality
SPEAKERS IN 2019
- Heatherann Antonacci | 2018 Women's Achievement Awards Education Honoree, former President, Herzing University
- Cornita A. Riley | Retired, Chief Orange County Corrections, 2016 Women's Achievement Awards Central Florida Woman of the Year
- Kirsten B. Carter, MD | Internal Medicine Physician, Grace Medical Home
- Secily Wilson, | WOW Legacy; Shanta Barton Stubbs, PhD, MA, LMHC | New Image Youth Center; Deanna Snyder, RN | Be Well Essentials
- Karen Willis | Chief Executive Officer, Early Learning Coalition of Orange County
- Deborah Barra | Chief Assistant State Attorney, Ninth Judicial Circuit Office of the State Attorney's Office
- Kelly Lafferman | Chief Marketing Officer & Principal, Findsome & Winmore
- Bernadette Spong | Chief Financial Officer, Orlando Health
- Roseann Harrington, Chief of Staff | Orange County Government
SPEAKERS IN 2018
- Eryka Washington | Ninth Judicial Circuit Office of the State Attorney's Office
- Secily Wilson | The WOW Legacy Group, LLC
- Sharon Spano, PhD | Business Strategist, Author & Professional Integral Coach
- Robin Maynard-Harris | Founder, Libby's Legacy Breast Cancer Foundation
- Jill Bolander Cohen | Founder, The Lifeboat Project
- Jennifer Foster | Owner & Executive Producer, Foster Productions & Co-Founder, One Orlando Alliance
- Karla Radka | Chief Operating Officer, Goodwill Industries of Central Florida
- Pamela (Sissi) Carroll, EdD | Dean, UCF College of Education and Human Performance
- Peg Cornwell | Associate to the President for College & Community Relations & Micki Meyer | Lord Family Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs & Community, Rollins College
Aida Lublin | Owner, Brightway Insurance, The Lublin Agency
SPEAKERS IN 2017
- Cyndia Morales Muñiz, EdD, Assistant Director of Multicultural Academic & Support Services | University of Central Florida
- Kari Conley, Director, Community Relations | Orlando Health
- Diane O'Dell, President of Community & Diversity Relations & Executive Director of the Foundation | Universal Orlando
- Maryann Barry, CEO | Girl Scouts of Citrus
- Lieutenant General Mark Hertling, Retired Army, Senior Vice President, Global Partnering, Leadership Development & Health Performance Strategies | Florida Hospital
- Michelle Brady Palmer, Manager, Community Engagement | SeaWorld Parks & Resorts Orlando
- Barbara Jenkins, EdD, Superintendent | Orange County Public Schools
- Joie Cadle, Elected Board Member, Orange County Public Schools, 2017 WEC Woman of the Year