MAY 9, 2018
JILL BOLANDER COHEN
Founder, The Lifeboat Project
Women's Achievement Awards 2017 Humanitarian Honoree
Jill Bolander Cohen is Founder of The Lifeboat Project, a central Florida non-profit which increases awareness and provides wraparound services to victims of Human Trafficking such as trauma counseling, housing, personal development and educational resources.
The life-long central Floridian Co-Founded the Greater Orlando Human Trafficking Task Force and the Zonta Club of Greater Orlando, an international organization which empowers women and girls. Jill is a four-time delegate to the Commission on the Status of Women at the United Nations. In 2015 she was honored as one of two ‘Peace Seekers’ by the Presbyterian Peace Fellowship. Jill attended Ecumenical Advocacy Days in Washington, DC in the spring of 2011 as a delegate and lobbied both Florida Senators and her Congressman to reenact the Violence Against Women Act, which was accomplished in 2013.
Jill spearheaded the creation and development of a human trafficking educational gaming app designed to protect our youth. This app has received international awards and was developed by Central Florida’s Engineering Computer Simulation. In March of 2016 the app ACT-Awareness Combats Trafficking was presented at the United Nations during a parallel event. The Lifeboat Project is also a member of the Freedom Network USA, only one of five partners in Florida.
Jill is a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution and has served as Chair of Women’s Issues for the DAR Sallie Harrison Chapter. She was Vice-President of her family’s Coffee Service which has served central Florida for over 45 years. Her passion and previous career is that of a professional Jazz singer and worship leader. Jill was educated at Francis Marion University in Florence, South Carolina and Lake Brantley High School in Altamonte Springs, Florida. She and her husband, Gary, reside in Apopka, Florida.
SAVE THESE DATES
- June 13
- July 11
- August 8
- September 12
- October 10
- November 14
SPEAKERS IN 2018
- Eryka Washington | Ninth Judicial Circuit Office of the State Attorney's Office
- Secily Wilson | The WOW Legacy Group, LLC
- Sharon Spano, PhD | Business Strategist, Author & Professional Integral Coach
- Robin Maynard-Harris | Founder, Libby's Legacy Breast Cancer Foundation
SPEAKERS IN 2017
- Cyndia Morales Muñiz, EdD, Assistant Director of Multicultural Academic & Support Services | University of Central Florida
- Kari Conley, Director, Community Relations | Orlando Health
- Diane O'Dell, President of Community & Diversity Relations & Executive Director of the Foundation | Universal Orlando
- Maryann Barry, CEO | Girl Scouts of Citrus
- Lieutenant General Mark Hertling, Retired Army, Senior Vice President, Global Partnering, Leadership Development & Health Performance Strategies | Florida Hospital
- Michelle Brady Palmer, Manager, Community Engagement | SeaWorld Parks & Resorts Orlando
- Barbara Jenkins, EdD, Superintendent | Orange County Public Schools
- Joie Cadle, Elected Board Member, Orange County Public Schools, 2017 WEC Woman of the Year