April 14, 2021
Executive Vice President | Orlando Pride
Join us via ZOOM at Noon
Amanda Duffy joined the Orlando Pride in February 2020 as its Executive Vice President. In this role, Duffy heads all operations related to the Orlando Pride - both front office and technical.
Duffy came to Orlando after three years at the National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL), where she occupied the roles of Managing Director of Operations, Managing Director, and President of the NWSL throughout her tenure.
In her year as President, Duffy capitalized on the success of the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup and brought the NWSL to the ESPN family of networks, introduced Louisville City FC as a 2021 expansion club, and helped secure a marquee, long-term league partnership with Budweiser, the first official beer partner of the NWSL. She also helped procure an extension with the league’s founding partner, Nike, through the 2022 season.
In 2017, Duffy helped to establish a groundbreaking partnership with A+E/Lifetime, which included a national television and streaming deal for all league matches as well as the launch of NWSL Media, the league’s commercial arm.
Due to her accomplishments at the league office, Duffy received the 2019 Honorary All-America Award from United Soccer Coaches, which recognizes a person or persons who have brought particular distinction and/or attention to the sport of soccer and was named one of AdWeek’s 35 Most Powerful Women in Sports in 2017.
Prior to her time at the NWSL, Duffy spent three years at Louisville City FC of the United Soccer League (USL), helping it to become one of the most successful and recognizable teams in North American soccer. She joined the club in October 2014 as its Vice President of Operations before quickly being promoted to General Manager just two months later.
In November 2015, she was named as the club’s President - the first female President in USL History. While under Duffy’s guidance, Louisville City became one of the hottest tickets in American soccer, finishing top 25 in attendance across all North American leagues, including Major League Soccer.
Duffy began her front office career in the USL’s League Office in 2007 as the League Operations Administrator and the next year was subsequently promoted to Director of Operations. After three years in that role, Duffy was named Senior Director, responsible for all operations of the W-League, USL’s women’s soccer developmental league that featured over 30 teams during her tenure.
A former professional player, Duffy played three seasons in the W-League after her graduation from East Carolina University. Following her collegiate career, Duffy finished with the Pirates as the school's all-time leader in points (83) and goals scored (33), and finished second in assists (17). She was inducted into ECU’s Sports Hall of Fame in 2012. Duffy also played one professional season in Sweden with Danmarks IF.
Women's Executive Council Sisters
As the world has been impacted by COVID-19 and our normal monthly luncheons have been replaced with online meetings, the need in our community for scholarships still remains strong. Central to the core mission of the Women's Executive Council, we believe in education, and every year since 1987 we have provided scholarships to women in our community. This year is no exception. Now more than ever, WEC is committed to continuing to help those in need.
One way that we can do that is to donate the amount of money you would normally spend on our luncheons directly to our scholarship fund. Please do this by clicking the DONATE NOW button. Thank you.
SAVE THE DATE 2021
- May 12: Karmyn Norwood, Deputy Vice President of Sensor and Global Sustainment & Vice President of Rotary Wing & Ground Programs | Lockheed Martin
- June 9: Diane Diaz, Speaking Coach & Personal Brand Strategist
- July 14: Jo Newell, President | Orlando Chamber
- August 11
- September 8
- October 13
- November 10
- December Holiday Party
SPEAKERS IN 2021
- Secily Wilson, Author, Philanthropist, Broadcaster, Survivor, Motivational Speaker
- Amanda Counter, Area Vice President General Commercial Segment, Salesforce
- Amanda Duffy, Executive Vice President | Orlando Pride
SPEAKERS IN 2020
- Amanda Douglas, Chief Executive Officer | Celebration Title Group
- Stacy Nadeau, Speaker Consultant, Coach | Women Empowerment Ambassador
- Frances Rios, Chief Executive Officer | Women Who Lead, LLC
- Peggy Hoyt, Attorney, Author, Speaker | The Law Offices of Hoyt & Bryant, LLC
- Mayor Buddy Dyer | City of Orlando
- Mary Pigatti | Chief Executive Officer | eMindful
- WEC Panel Discussion
- Catherine A Ni, Director, Advanced Rotary Wing & Ground Systems | Lockheed Martin - Missiles & Fire Control
- Pamela Landwirth, Chief Financial Officer | Give Kids the World
- LaVon Bracy, EdD, Advocate for Social Justice & CoFounder | New Covenant Baptist Church of Orlando
- Romie Mushtaq, MD, ABIHM, Chief Wellness Officer | Evolution Hospitality
SPEAKERS IN 2019
- Heatherann Antonacci | 2018 Women's Achievement Awards Education Honoree, former President, Herzing University
- Cornita A. Riley | Retired, Chief Orange County Corrections, 2016 Women's Achievement Awards Central Florida Woman of the Year
- Kirsten B. Carter, MD | Internal Medicine Physician, Grace Medical Home
- Secily Wilson, | WOW Legacy; Shanta Barton Stubbs, PhD, MA, LMHC | New Image Youth Center; Deanna Snyder, RN | Be Well Essentials
- Karen Willis | Chief Executive Officer, Early Learning Coalition of Orange County
- Deborah Barra | Chief Assistant State Attorney, Ninth Judicial Circuit Office of the State Attorney's Office
- Kelly Lafferman | Chief Marketing Officer & Principal, Findsome & Winmore
- Bernadette Spong | Chief Financial Officer, Orlando Health
- Roseann Harrington, Chief of Staff | Orange County Government
SPEAKERS IN 2018
- Eryka Washington | Ninth Judicial Circuit Office of the State Attorney's Office
- Secily Wilson | The WOW Legacy Group, LLC
- Sharon Spano, PhD | Business Strategist, Author & Professional Integral Coach
- Robin Maynard-Harris | Founder, Libby's Legacy Breast Cancer Foundation
- Jill Bolander Cohen | Founder, The Lifeboat Project
- Jennifer Foster | Owner & Executive Producer, Foster Productions & Co-Founder, One Orlando Alliance
- Karla Radka | Chief Operating Officer, Goodwill Industries of Central Florida
- Pamela (Sissi) Carroll, EdD | Dean, UCF College of Education and Human Performance
- Peg Cornwell | Associate to the President for College & Community Relations & Micki Meyer | Lord Family Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs & Community, Rollins College
Aida Lublin | Owner, Brightway Insurance, The Lublin Agency
SPEAKERS IN 2017
- Cyndia Morales Muñiz, EdD, Assistant Director of Multicultural Academic & Support Services | University of Central Florida
- Kari Conley, Director, Community Relations | Orlando Health
- Diane O'Dell, President of Community & Diversity Relations & Executive Director of the Foundation | Universal Orlando
- Maryann Barry, CEO | Girl Scouts of Citrus
- Lieutenant General Mark Hertling, Retired Army, Senior Vice President, Global Partnering, Leadership Development & Health Performance Strategies | Florida Hospital
- Michelle Brady Palmer, Manager, Community Engagement | SeaWorld Parks & Resorts Orlando
- Barbara Jenkins, EdD, Superintendent | Orange County Public Schools
- Joie Cadle, Elected Board Member, Orange County Public Schools, 2017 WEC Woman of the Year